Mark your calendar and join us for our 3rd Annual Arts & Heritage Day! A day jammed packed with activities for all ages and geared towards getting the whole family out to appreciate art, culture, and the history of Southeast Minnesota.
All events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
- 11-11:45am: Wits' End Theatre (Steps of Potter Auditorium)
- 12-2pm: Michelle Lynn (Steps of Potter Auditorium)
- 2:30-4pm: The Lonely Knees (Steps of Potter Auditorium)
- 7:30-9:30pm: Galactic Cowboy Orchestra (Potter Auditorium) - paid admission required.
- 11am-2pm: Support Community Organizations and Explore Area Food Trucks
- 4-5pm: Hot Dish Cook-off (Click for details)
- 10am-5pm: Art Fair (1916 Building) featuring area artist vendors
- 11am-4pm: Art Activities for all ages including mural painting, building musical instruments, face painting, and more (Grounds of CCA)
- 6-7:30pm: Special Reception for Opening of Mata Ortiz Pottery Collection
Dates & Times: Saturday, July 22, 10am-6pm & Sunday, July 23, 12-2pm
Instructor: Jenni Petersen-Brant
Cost: $155 (includes all materials & equipment use)
Location: Room 216, 2nd Floor 1916 Building
Join Jenni Petersen-Brant for a weekend of designing, snipping, gluing and grouting to create a masterpiece side table for your home. Interested in coming with your own special project to mosaic? Just inquire. Open to beginning or experienced participants.
Click here to view the provided table. Table available in dark cherry, grey, or light cherry. Please specify color choice in notes when registering.
Participants are welcome to bring their own table and can deduct $10 from the class fee if doing so. Surface must be less than 20" in any dimension and must be wood or metal.
Chatfield Center for the Arts is honored to be the 5th stop for the We Are More (WAM) Traveling Photo Exhibition, a collection of four feet by six feet photographs showcasing, celebrating, and creating conversations about the benefits of diversity and inclusion in southeastern Minnesota’s regional economy.
WAM is the creation of Journey to Growth’s (J2G) Diversity and Inclusion Committee, whose goal is to help individuals fully embrace and capitalize on our region’s unique mix of races, ethnicities, cultures, faiths, and lifestyles.
Businesses, organizations, individuals, and photographers from throughout the region submitted photographs. WAM will travel from April 17 - June 22, 2017. For a complete tour schedule and more information about the WAM Tour, visit the Journey to Growth website at http://j2gmn.com/we-are-more/.
WAM supporters include Augsburg College, Johnson Printing, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine and Science, Riverland Community College, and Southern Minnesota Initiative Foundation.