Decorations must be approved in two weeks in advance of any function. The following items are NOT ALLOWED:
- Nails or screws
- Confetti and/or glitter
- Flame candles
- No fog machines
- No electrical circuits may be altered
All decorations must be up without defacing the building. All decorations must meet fire code regulations.
The following is available on a first reserved, first served basis:
- 11 – 30” x 8 foot rectangular tables, 8 – 30” x 6 foot rectangular tables, 6 – 60” round tables
- 12 – 24” tall cocktail tables, 12 – 24” short cocktail tables
- 84 - Black plastic folding chairs, 43 - Steel folding chairs, 24 - High top chairs
- Use of non-consumable serving items such as glass carafes, air ports, plastic serving trays
- Use of small beverage cooler
- CCA host or other volunteer for building access, setup assistance, and security for duration of event
- 1 hour of post-event custodial (if add'l custodial is needed it is billed at $25/hour)
Renters are responsible for all table coverings through their caterer or another service. Renters are expected to provide all plates, silverware, and glassware for their events.
There are no storage facilities available at the CCA. Plan to deliver your items at the beginning of the reserved time, and clear everything at the end of the event including garbage.
We have a variety of A/V equipment, box office services, and other equipment and furniture available (subject to availability) for additional fees:
- Steinway upright piano is available in the theater for $150 including tuning.
- Roland electronic piano is available $90 including setup.
- Other equipment is available for rent on a first come, first served basis (fees may apply)
- Video projector and portable screen
- Display easel
- Coat racks
- Theater rentals require a technical services staff person at a rate of $35 per hour. Renting organizations that need sound or light equipment in the Potter Auditorium or the Legion Room beyond house lights must pay a $35 per hour fee.
Food and beverages should be kept in the rented room or space. If common areas such as hallways or lobbies are needed for food service, please inquire; additional fees may apply. We maintain the right to coordinate and determine the number and placement of catering stations in common use areas in consideration of other events that may be taking place.
A licensed caterer is not required however if a caterer is used, we do ask that a copy of their license and liability insurance is provided. The only foods that are prohibited are red punch and chewing gum.
Please note that the onsite kitchen is for catering purposes only. This area is not intended to be used for cooking of any food products.
Alcohol may be served at activities and events held in any room within the Chatfield Center for the Arts. Alcohol must be purchased through the CCA via one of our licensed distributors and served by a CCA authorized server, whether provided as an open or cash bar. Glass bottles may not be taken into the seating areas of Potter Auditorium. Alcohol may not be taken outside.
- There is a $50 additional service fee applied to the rental costs to offset administrative expenses associated with providing alcohol.
- There is also an additional hourly charge for a server/security officer, required at all events serving alcohol. Chatfield Center for the Arts will designate and arrange this service from the time the distribution of alcohol begins until the end of the event. The renting organization/individual will directly pay the CCA at the hourly rate of $20 per hour ($15/hr per additional persons). The CCA reserves the right to determine the number and placement of servers/security personal.
All renting organizations/individuals distributing and/or consuming alcohol in the Chatfield Center for the Arts must comply with and abide by all Federal, State and Municipal laws and ordinances.
A 25% non-refundable deposit is required to hold your space request. Full payment must be received two weeks before the event.
A fully refundable damage deposit of $150 is required at the time of booking a rental space. Damage deposits will be returned the next business day following your event after our staff has had a chance to.
Cancellation prior to two weeks before the event will result in a refund of any monies paid, less the 25% deposit. Cancellation two weeks or less before the event will not result in a refund.